Everyone knows that being part of a wedding party can be expensive. You have to buy a tux for the wedding, you have to buy the bride and groom a president. You may also have to pay for transportation and accommodation if the wedding is outside of where you live. And then of course there is the stag party.
Since we want to go out of town for my mate’s stag do, I need to make sure that we’re carefully calculating all of the necessary expenses so I don’t blow my budget for his big weekend.
These are the items that I need to consider cost-wise:
- Transportation: This depends on where we go. If it’s in the UK, we’ll pack up our cars and split the gas. If we decide to go to another country in Europe, we’ll take a short flight on a budget airline. Either way, shouldn’t be more than £100.
- Hotels: If we go with a travel agency, this will be included in the price. Otherwise, if we share rooms, could be anywhere from £50 +.
- Alcohol: Knowing my friends, better budget another £100 – £200 for this expense.
- Club entrances: Again, if we go with the travel agency it’s included, but if not we should factor in £20 – £50. We could also only go to bars that don’t charge a cover.
- Strippers: Again, this cost could vary widely! Some of the boys will be spending their whole paychecks there no doubt.
- Food: Another £100 to cover the whole weekend.
Am I forgetting anything?
I found a solution for our stag do dilemma!
The truth is, I’m not a creative guy. I’m an accountant. And while I like to drink too many beers and hit on girls way out of my league, thinking of something cool to do for this stag do is not my strong point.
I found a company called Release Travel that has a whole bunch of cheap stag weekends (http://www.releasetravel.co.uk/stag-best.html) that I didn’t even think of. Danny actually really loves paintball and he always complains that he never has a chance to go, so I was thinking about one of their packages that includes it, like the trip to Bournemouth (less than 130 quid per person!)
For prices that cheap, me and the boys could all pitch in and shout him the trip. He’ll be one happy guy, that’s for sure! Hope his fiancee trusts me enough to let him out with us for a couple of days.
What I like about the Bournemouth trip is that the hotel is already used to having drunk stag groups staying there (no risk of getting kicked out), it’s within stumbling distance to all the bars, and we get VIP entrance to some of the clubs and entrance to a strip club. We definitely have to get Danny a lap dance or 5 before his big day!
Just have to coordinate the trip with all the other guys and with Daniel’s boss. Let the calls begin…
So, my best mate Daniel is getting married soon and I’m his best man. Him and the boys are counting on me to organize a crazy stag do and I want to make sure that I give him a night/weekend he’ll never forget. But what do we do and where do we go?
Sure, there are heaps of things to do in London, but Danny hasn’t been out of town for like three years! Since his wife to be just got a new job, she won’t even be able to take off work for them to go on a proper honeymoon for a few months after they get married.
That’s why I’m thinking me, him, and about 10 of our friends take a short weekend break out of town. So far, I’m thinking Albufeira:
Which do you think is best for a cheap stag weekend? Leave your comment below.